Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Projecting myself

Introduction
How I intend to behave, and the projection of that intent into actual behavior, are two very separate qualities. Let's take a brief look at this subject in a bit of detail. To do so, let's take an example from the work place. At my job, when I am given a command to perform a given task, I may, in my inner mind, intend to respond to a command with a semi-high pitched, assertive voice, in order to convey motivation. The way I actually respond, however, may come in a sharp and squeeky voice, conveying rather a stress or discomfort. Was that what I was trying to achieve. Could it be considered a minor failure?

What it boils down to
The question is, am I content with how I intend to behave. In the above example, I would say yes. I want to convey to my superior an attitude of motivation, control and assertion. In the case where my intent is what I truly desire, then I should in turn adjust the parameters that affect my actual behavior in order to match my intent as best as possible. These parameters are generally physical, bodily, and the tuning is generally very pragmatic or basic. On the other hand, if I am not comfortable with my intent, then I must reevaluate it in light of what I truly desire.

Tuning the body - Childhood
Now, in the case where my intent has been judged true to myself, where I am pleased with it, the idea is to tweak the body, with regards to all variables, for it to move or behave accordingly. For instance, when a child learns how to move, it attempts to match an objective with an action. Take a very basic objective, where a child is looking at an apple, and tries to lay hold of it. Depending on the child's age, the level of success it observes will be lesser or greater: what the child intends to do may or may not be achieved through its resulting actions.

Tuning the body - Adulthood
We as adults may disregard the experiences of a child as lesser, because most adults have overcome the rudimentary challenges of getting in touch with the 3D world. However, our social challenges as adults are no less basic. The example which was brought up earlier, relating to the projection of our voice, is so basic that it almost seems absurd to even consider it. But that is why it must be considered, because it is quite easily overlooked, yet is so equally fundamental when it comes to social successes. Indeed, more is conveyed in a person's tone than in the content of his speech. If my intent is to project a deep, resounding voice, then I must intake the proper amount of sleep, exercise and peace that such a voice requires.

When the intent will not change
Now it may occur to me, in a state of desperation, that my intent should be revised, especially when much effort was put to overcome the related challenges and fill the dire lackings. However, it is my belief that the true intent of a person will never change. It is an image of self engraved on the heart, where a person feels incomplete if the reality that is on its heart does not match the reality it witnesses. For both are real, the dream and the action, though the dream is a metaphysical reality which the individual alone can experience, while the action is the result of attempting the dream, and it is physical, observed by both the individual and others.

No comments: